Tuesday, December 10, 2013

David Craps Will

 

record-image(1)

State of South Carolina
In the Name of God Amen. _____
I, David Craps, of Lexington District, and state aforesaid, being of sound and _____ mind and memory, blessed be God for the same, but calling to mind the uncertainty of life and the certainty of death, do make and ordain this my last will and testament.
1st My will and desire is that all my just debts be paid.
2nd I give to my beloved wife Sarah Craps one hundred acres of land whereon I now live and fifty acres of my adjoining tract whereon my gin house stands known as the Drafts tract, for and during the term of her natural life or widowhood, and in case of either event, the same to be sold and equally divided amongst my children.
3d I give devise and bequeath unto my children my tract of land on Long Branch except one hundred acres, whereon the mill stands, to be equally divided amongst them. The one hundred acres excepted in this clause to be sold and bought by one of my children and the proceeds to be equally divided amongst them.
4th I give devise and bequeath unto my beloved wife Sarah Craps my gray mare and her colt, and a black sow shoat, and her bed and every other species of property she owned when I married her.
5th I give to my daughter Laurah E Craps one bed.
6th My desire is that all my property both real and personal not herein before disposed of to be sold by my executor herein after named, and the proceeds arising there from be equally divided amongst my heirs, here and heare alike.
Lastly I, David Craps, hereby nominate my son, Henry H Craps, and my son-in-law, William T Jumper, Executors to this my will, hereby revoking all other wills by me heretofore made, and declare this to be my will, signed by the said David Craps, as his last will and testament, in the presence of the undersigned who subscribed their names as witnesses to the due execution of this said will on the fourteenth day of January Anno Domini 1865.

Signed, sealed and delivered? in the presence of                                             David Craps
P H Craps
M J Craps
J Kiesler

Source: Family Search.org

No comments:

Post a Comment